Buy or manage add-ons for Microsoft 365 business plans
Many Microsoft 365 for business plans have add-ons that you can buy for your subscriptions. Add-ons provide more features to enhance your subscription experience.
There are two types of add-ons:
- Traditional add-ons are linked to a specific subscription. If you cancel the subscription, the associated add-on is also canceled.
- Standalone add-on subscriptions appear as a separate subscription on the Your products page and have their own expiration date. Unlike traditional add-ons, standalone add-on subscriptions aren't linked to a specific subscription. You manage a standalone add-on subscription the same way that you manage any other subscription.
Before you begin
You must be a Global or Billing admin to do the steps described in this article. For more information, see About admin roles.
Buy an add-on
Use the following steps to find and buy add-ons. The list only includes add-ons that are available to you. This list is based on your currently active subscriptions, and any other existing add-ons you already have. If an add-on isn't on the list, it's not available to buy.
For information about Skype for Business add-ons, see Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams add-on licensing.
- In the admin center, go to the Billing > Purchase services page.
- At the bottom of the Purchase services page, in the Add-ons section, find the add-on that you want to buy, and select Details.
- On the product details page, select Next.
- If needed, complete any other order information. This information might include selecting the subscription the add-on is for. When you're finished, select Check out now.
- If needed, review the order and pricing information, then select Next.
- Choose a payment method, or add a new one, then select Place order > Go to Admin Home.
Manage an add-on
You manage a standalone add-on subscription the same way that you manage any other subscription – on the Your products page. For example, you can buy or remove licenses, manage recurring billing, and edit or replace payment methods for standalone add-on subscriptions.
You manage a traditional add-on by going to the subscription that contains it and making changes there. Use the following steps to manage a traditional add-on.
- In the admin center, go to the Billing > Your products page.
- On the Products tab, select the subscription that contains the add-on that you want to update.
- On the subscription details page, the Add-ons section lists the add-ons that you bought. Select Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage add-ons pane, from the Add-on drop-down list, select the add-on that you want to change.
- Enter a quantity change for the add-on, then select Save.
Remove an add-on
To remove a standalone add-on subscription, you cancel the subscription, just like any other subscription. Or you can turn off Recurring billing.
You can't remove a traditional add-on. If you want to remove a traditional add-on, contact support for help (Get support.
Add storage space for your subscription (article)
Buy or remove subscription licenses (article)
Turn Recurring billing off or on (article)
Manage payment methods (article)
Submit and view feedback for