Configure Microsoft Syntex for pay-as-you-go billing
Microsoft Syntex services are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. These services use an Azure subscription for billing and track usage and cost with a Syntex meter. Read the Microsoft Syntex pay-as-you-go terms of service before you configure pay-as-you-go.
For a list of Microsoft Syntex services that use pay-as-you-go, see Licensing for Microsoft Syntex.
To use Microsoft Syntex pay-as-you go, you need:
- An Azure subscription in the same tenant as Microsoft Syntex
- An Azure resource group in that subscription
If you already have these resources for other purposes, you can also use them with Microsoft Syntex.
For information about how to create an Azure subscription, see Create your initial Azure subscriptions
For information about how to create an Azure resource group, see Manage Azure resource groups by using the Azure portal.
Set up Microsoft Syntex billing in Azure
When you set up Microsoft Syntex billing in Azure, events will be sent to the Azure meter in your account, and you'll be able to view the pages processed for unstructured and prebuilt document processing models.
The following permissions are required to set up Microsoft Syntex billing:
- You must have Global Administrator or SharePoint Administrator permissions to be able to access the Microsoft 365 admin center and set up Syntex.
- You must have owner or contributor rights to the Azure subscription that you want to use for Microsoft Syntex billing.
To configure Microsoft Syntex billing
In the Microsoft 365 admin center, select Setup, and then view the Files and content section.
In the Files and content section, select Use content AI with Microsoft Syntex.
On the Microsoft Syntex page, select Configure billing to walk through the setup process.
On the Enter your Azure subscription panel, choose an Azure subscription from the Azure subscription dropdown.
Choose a resource group and region. (The region determines where your tenant ID and usage information such as site names will be stored.)
Read and accept the Microsoft Syntex pay-as-you-go terms of service.
If you need to change or disconnect your Azure subscription, you can select Manage billing on the Use content AI with Microsoft Syntex.
Monitor your Microsoft Syntex pay-as-you-go usage
You can monitor your Microsoft Syntex pay-as-you-go usage in Microsoft Cost Management for Azure. You must have at least read access to the resource group that you specified for Microsoft Syntex. Note that usage information might take up to 24 hours to appear in Cost Management.
To see the charges applied to the Syntex meters
- Sign in to Microsoft Cost Management for Azure.
- Under Cost Management, select Cost analysis.
- Select Add filter, choose Product from the list, and then choose the product (listed below) that you want to filter on.
- Select Add filter, choose Tag from the list, and then choose the tag (listed below) that you want to filter on.
The following Microsoft Syntex products are currently available:
- Prebuilt document processing
- Unstructured document processing
- Content assembly
- Image tagging
- Taxonomy tagging
- Optical character recognition
The following tags are available:
For more information about filter options in Cost Management, see Group and filter options in Cost analysis.