Force print preview mode
The print media query controls how a page looks when printed. To force a page into print preview mode:
Press Ctrl+Shift+P (Windows, Linux) or Command+Shift+P (macOS) to open the Command Menu.
rendering, select Show Rendering, and then press Enter.
The Rendering panel opens in the Drawer.
Under Emulate CSS media type, select print.
From here, you can display and change your CSS, like any other web page. See Get started viewing and changing CSS.
- Analyze rendering performance with the Rendering tool in Performance features reference
The Rendering tool is also used for the following:
- Check for contrast issues with dark theme and light theme
- Verify that a page is usable by people with color blindness
- Verify that a page is usable with blurred vision
- Verify that a page is usable with UI animation turned off
- Emulate vision deficiencies
- Emulate dark or light schemes in the rendered page
- Simulate reduced motion
Portions of this page are modifications based on work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. The original page is found here and is authored by Kayce Basques (Technical Writer, Chrome DevTools & Lighthouse).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.