Developer Portal for Teams
The Developer Portal for Teams is the primary tool for configuring, distributing, and managing your Microsoft Teams apps. With the Developer Portal, you can collaborate with colleagues on your app, set up runtime environments, and much more.
- Currently, Developer Portal is not available for Government Community Cloud (GCC)-High or Department of Defense (DOD) tenants.
- However, you can use a regular tenant to build an app in the Developer Portal, download the app, and upload the app using Microsoft Graph to a national cloud. For more information, see National cloud deployments.
Register an app
The Developer Portal provides the following ways to register a Teams app:
Create and register a brand new app
The Developer portal allows you to create a brand new app:
Log into Developer Portal, select Apps from the left pane.
Select New app and enter app name.
Now you've successfully created a brand new app and you can see all the basic information of the new app.
Import an existing app
Follow the steps to import and manage your existing app in the Developer Portal.
In the Developer Portal, select Apps from the left pane.
Select Import App.
Select the app manifest file, and then select Open.
If there are nested folders or missing required files in the app package folder, you receive an error message as Provided add-in package was not understood. Please, make sure that the file being submitted is a valid Office add-in package.
- The Developer Portal creates a unique app ID and locks the ID for your registered Teams app. You can’t edit or provide an ID of your choice, which prevents to have duplicate app IDs for multiple apps.
- If you create an app using the Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code, you can manage your app in the Developer Portal. For more information, see Build apps with teams toolkit and Visual studio code.
- You can import an existing app which you created on App Studio to the Developer Portal. To import an already published app to Developer Portal, the app owner needs to raise a service request through admin portal to transfer the ownership over the app ID.
Submit and view feedback for