Recent content in the Power BI service
APPLIES TO: Power BI service for business users Power BI service for designers & developers Power BI Desktop Requires Pro or Premium license
Recent content contains the last items you visited in the Power BI service. This includes: dashboards, reports, apps, datasets, workspaces, and workbooks. When you select Recent on the Home pane, Power BI displays this content in descending order by date. To change the sort order, select one of the headings and choose ascending or descending.
Search and sort your list of recent content
If your lists get long, use the Filter by keyword field, Filter button, and column sorting function to find what you need.
- Enter a keyword into the Filter by keyword field to show only recent content that includes that keyword.
- Use the Filter drop-down to sort your content according to the value of the Type, Opened, or Endorsement column.
- Click a column heading to display a sorting arrow. In this example, hovering over Location reveals an arrow — recent content can be sorted alphabetically by location content type.
In the following video, watch Amanda demonstrate some of the features for navigating your content in the Power BI service.
This video uses earlier versions of Power BI Desktop and Power BI service.
Actions available from the Recent content list
The actions available to you depend on the settings assigned by the content designer. Some of your options might include:
- Select the star icon to favorite a dashboard, report, or app .
- Some dashboards and reports can be re-shared .
- View insights that Power BI finds in the report data .