Data source management (preview)
[This article is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.]
On the Data page of the Power Platform admin center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com), you can view and manage Power BI cloud and on-premises data sources and gateway clusters. The on-premises data sources on this page include all on-premises data source definitions for gateways you administer. The cloud data sources on this page are cloud connections in your published Power BI reports.
- This is a preview feature.
- Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have restricted functionality. These features are available before an official release so that customers can get early access and provide feedback.
- This feature is being gradually rolled out across regions and might not be available yet in your region.
This article describes managing data sources. For information on managing gateway clusters, see Preview: On-premises data gateway management.
The data sources tab will not be available for tenant or service administrators when Tenant administration is turned on.
- Data Source Name: The name of the data source.
- Data source type: The type of the data source. For supported data sources, see Power BI data sources.
- Users: Users who can use this data source in data sets and data flows.
- Status: Select () to check the status of a gateway member.
- Gateway cluster name: The gateway cluster on which this data source was created. If it is a cloud data source, this value will be “Cloud”.
Data source settings
Select a data source and then select Settings from the top menu bar to see the data source properties. You can view and update applicable data source properties.
Add new data source
Select +New from the top menu bar to create a new gateway data source. This can either be an on-premises or a VNet data source.
Select a gateway cluster, data source name, a data source type, and other data source properties to create the data source. For more information on data source properties, see Add or remove a gateway data source.
Remove a data source
Select a data source and then select Remove to remove the data source.
Select a data source and then select Manage users to see the list of current data source users. These users can use this data source in published reports and data flows.
For faster troubleshooting and assistance, select Get help to open a Get help panel. Include the session ID in a customer support ticket for any issues on the Data Gateways feature in the Power Platform admin center.
Currently, data sources are available only for the default Power BI region. For other regions, you won't see any data sources.
Select Search to find data sources and see their details. You currently can search on data source names, data source types, and gateway cluster names, but not users and status.
Data source status
Select a data source, and then select Check status () to see the status of a data source.
Submit and view feedback for