Azure Percept Audio button and LED states
Retirement of Azure Percept DK:
Update 22 February 2023: A firmware update for the Percept DK Vision and Audio accessory components (also known as Vision and Audio SOM) is now available here, and will enable the accessory components to continue functioning beyond the retirement date.
The Azure Percept public preview will be evolving to support new edge device platforms and developer experiences. As part of this evolution the Azure Percept DK and Audio Accessory and associated supporting Azure services for the Percept DK will be retired March 30th, 2023.
Effective March 30th, 2023, the Azure Percept DK and Audio Accessory will no longer be supported by any Azure services including Azure Percept Studio, OS updates, containers updates, view web stream, and Custom Vision integration. Microsoft will no longer provide customer success support and any associated supporting services. For more information, please visit the Retirement Notice Blog Post.
See the following guidance for information on the button and LED states of the Azure Percept Audio device.
Use the buttons to control the behavior of the device.
|Mute||Press to mute/unmute the mic array. The button event is release-triggered when pressed.|
|PTT/PTS||Press PTT to bypass the keyword spotting state and activate the command listening state. Press again to stop the agent's active dialogue and revert to the keyword spotting state. The button event is release-triggered when pressed. PTS only works when the button is pressed while the agent is speaking, not when the agent is listening or thinking.|
Use the LED indicators to understand which state your device is in.
|LED||LED State||Ear SoM Status|
|L02||1x white, static on||Power on|
|L02||1x white, 0.5 Hz flashing||Authentication in progress|
|L01 & L02 & L03||3x blue, static on||Waiting for keyword|
|L01 & L02 & L03||LED array flashing, 20 fps||Listening or speaking|
|L01 & L02 & L03||LED array racing, 20 fps||Thinking|
|L01 & L02 & L03||3x red, static on||Mute|
Understanding Ear SoM LED indicators
You can use LED indicators to understand which state your device is in. It takes around 4-5 minutes for the device to power on and the module to fully initialize. As it goes through initialization steps, you'll see:
- Center white LED on (static): the device is powered on.
- Center white LED on (blinking): authentication is in progress.
- Center white LED on (static): the device is authenticated but the keyword isn't configured.
- All three LEDs will change to blue once a demo was deployed and the device is ready to use.
Troubleshooting LED issues
- If the center LED is solid white, try using a template to create a voice assistant.
- If the center LED is always blinking, it indicates an authentication issue. Try these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that your USB-A and micro USB connections are secured
- Check to see if the speech module is running
- Restart the device
- Collect logs and attach them to a support request
- Check to see if your dev kit is running the latest software and apply an update if available.
For troubleshooting tips for your Azure Percept Audio device, see this guide.