ASP.NET Configuration API
The ASP.NET configuration API allows you to develop, deploy, and manage application configuration data by using a single programming interface. Using the configuration API, you can develop and modify complete ASP.NET configurations programmatically without directly editing the XML in the configuration files. In addition, you can use the configuration API in console applications and scripts that you develop, in Web-based management tools, and in MMC snap-ins.
In This Section
- ASP.NET Configuration API Overview
Provides conceptual information about the .NET Framework classes that allow you to programmatically configure an ASP.NET application.
- Using the Configuration Classes
Provides conceptual information about using the configuration classes in various configuration scenarios such as accessing global configuration data, accessing local configuration data, accessing remote configuration data, updating configuration settings, and the privileges required for each scenario.
- How to: Access ASP.NET Configuration Settings Programmatically
Provides a code example that demonstrates the generic tasks involved in reading configuration settings.
- How to: Read Application Settings from the Web.config File
Provides a code example that demonstrates how to read the appSettings configuration section.
- How to: Read Connection Strings from the Web.config File
Provides a code example that demonstrates how to read the connectionStrings configuration section.
- How to: View Inherited and Local Configuration Settings Programmatically
Provides a code example that demonstrates how to obtain a configuration file that contains all the configuration settings at a particular node, including those that are inherited.
- Classes Used to Create Custom Section Handlers
Provides a list of .NET Framework classes that can be used to implement, configure, and use your own configuration section handler.
- How to: Create Custom Configuration Sections Using ConfigurationSection
Provides a code example to describe how to implement, configure, and use a simple configuration section handler by inheriting the ConfigurationSection class.
- How to: Create Custom Configuration Sections Using IConfigurationSectionHandler
Provides a legacy code example to describe how to implement, configure, and use a simple configuration section handler by implementing the IConfigurationSectionHandler class.
- How to: Create and Configure an HTTP Module
Provides a complete code example that demonstrates how to programmatically configure the httpModules element of a Web-application configuration using the HttpModulesSection class and related types.
- ASP.NET Configuration Settings
Provides reference documentation for each of the configuration settings for ASP.NET applications.
- General Configuration Settings (ASP.NET)
Provides reference documentation for general .NET Framework configuration settings that also apply to ASP.NET applications.
- Using IIS Programmatic Administration
Provides information about how to use ADSI, WMI, and other technologies to configure IIS features.