Discover what the cloud is, the history of cloud computing, what types of clouds are available, and how you might use the cloud.
In this module you will:
- Explain the concept of cloud computing
- Briefly understand how computing systems across domains dealt with scale before the cloud
- Briefly recall the recent history of cloud computing, illustrating its evolution
- List some of the enabling technologies in cloud computing, and discuss their significance
- Differentiate cloud service models, such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Enumerate the different types of clouds, and compare and contrast them
- List some of the common cloud providers and their associated cloud stacks
- Recall popular cloud use case scenarios
In partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.