Automate cloud resource management
Learn about how to automate cloud resource management with scripts and infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform.
In this module you will:
- Learn about how to automate cloud resource management with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Explain the concept of Infrastructure-as-Code and enumerate the advantages that it offers over ordinary scripting
- List some of the tools that implement IaC for popular cloud platforms and describe some of the differences between them
- Understand Terraform's role as an infrastructure orchestrator and describe how it differs from a conventional configuration manager
In Partnership with Dr. Majd Sakr and Carnegie Mellon University.
- Understand what cloud computing is, including cloud service models, and common cloud providers
- Recognize cloud service models such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS and differentiate between them
- Be familiar with different organizational IT cost types like CapEx and OpEx
- Understand how cloud resource provisioning works