Azure ExpressRoute provides a high-speed private connection to connect your on-premises networks to Microsoft cloud services. The Azure Virtual WAN networking service combines networking, security, and routing functionalities into a single operational interface.
In this module, suppose your company has major offices located throughout the world. Some on-premises locations must connect to Azure, and these connections need to be private and secure. In other locations, a global transit network architecture is required. You're responsible for developing a plan to implement ExpressRoute and Virtual WAN to provide these connection services.
In this module, you learn how to:
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure ExpressRoute.
- Coexist site-to-site and Azure ExpressRoute networks.
- Identify features and usage cases for Azure Virtual WAN.
The content in the module helps you prepare for Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator. The module concepts are covered in:
Configure and manage virtual networking (25–30%)
- Integrate an on-premises network with an Azure virtual network.
- Create and configure Azure ExpressRoute.
- Configure Azure Virtual WAN.
Need help? See our troubleshooting guide or provide specific feedback by reporting an issue.