Identify how to track the service health status
It's crucial for an organization to know the health status of the Microsoft 365 services they're using. Your organization’s administrators can use the Microsoft 365 admin center to view the current health status for each of your Microsoft 365 services and tenant. They can also view the history of services that have been affected in the last 30 days, and information about current outages or disruptions to services. It's useful to view the health to find out whether you're dealing with a known issue that has a solution in progress and you don't spend time troubleshooting, or if you should contact support.
How to check service health in the Microsoft 365 admin center
- Sign into the Microsoft 365 admin center with your admin account.
- On the left navigation menu, select Show all to expand more options.
- Select Health to expand health options.
- Select Dashboard to view the current health status of your apps and services, usage data for the last 30 days, and recommended actions to keep your services updated and secure.
- On the left navigation menu, select Service health to view active issues, the current health status of your Microsoft services, issue history and reported issues.
- Under Service health, select Reported issues then Report an issue if your organization is experiencing a service issue.
- On the navigation menu, select Message center to view upcoming changes, new and changed features, planned maintenance, or other important announcements.
- On the navigation menu, under Admin centers, select Azure Active Directory to view the health status of your Azure Active Directory Domain Services managed domain. You can also navigate directly to the Azure Active Directory admin center and sign in with your admin account.
- Navigate to the Help + Support center and under Support, select Service Health to view active events, health history, resource health and health alerts.
Other ways to check the status of services
- Sign up for email notifications of new incidents that affect your tenant and status changes for an active incident. You can also subscribe to email notifications for individual events instead of every event for a service.
- Use the Microsoft 365 Admin app on your mobile device to view Service health and stay up-to-date with push notifications.
- Use the Microsoft 365 Service health status (office365.com) page to check for known issues.
- Sign up to follow Microsoft 365 at @MSFT365status on Twitter to see information on certain events or issues.