Introduction to .NET
Start learning about .NET. Understand what .NET is and how it works, and quickly build a small app in a web-based .NET environment.
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
- Describe the major parts of .NET and its ecosystem.
- Explain how .NET languages and the .NET compiler, runtime, and libraries work together to produce a running application.
- Choose when it makes sense to use .NET to build your applications.
- You should have already written your first lines of C# code.
- You should be able to recognize how to use
Console.WriteLine()to send text to an output window.
- You should be able to recognize minor issues in your code and to fix them.
What is .NET? min
How to use .NET min
When to use .NET min
Knowledge check min