Examine diagnostic tools
Run SAP HANA Health Check through HANA_Configuration_Minichecks. This tool returns potentially critical technical issues that should have already been raised as alerts in SAP HANA Studio.
Refer to SAP Note #1969700 and download the SQL Statements.zip file attached to that note. Store this .zip file on the local hard drive.
In SAP HANA Studio, on the System Information tab, right-click in the Name column and select Import SQL Statements.
Select the SQL Statements.zip file stored locally, and a folder with the corresponding SQL statements will be imported.
At this point, many different diagnostic checks can be run with these SQL statements.
- For example, to test SAP HANA System Replication bandwidth requirements, right-click the Bandwidth statement under Replication: Bandwidth and select Open in SQL Console. The complete SQL statement opens allowing input parameters to be changed and then executed.
- Another example is right-clicking on the statements under Replication: Overview. Select Execute from the context menu. This results in information that helps with troubleshooting.
Do the same for HANA_Configuration_Minichecks and check for any X marks in the C (Critical) column.
Sample outputs include:
- HANA_Configuration_MiniChecks_Rev102.01+1 for general SAP HANA checks.
- HANA_Services_Overview for an overview of what SAP HANA services are currently running.
- HANA_Services_Statistics for SAP HANA service information (CPU, memory, etc.).
- HANA_Configuration_Overview_Rev110+ for general information on the SAP HANA instance.
- HANA_Configuration_Parameters_Rev70+ to check SAP HANA parameters.