With your help, Contoso investigated how to improve the image management for its Azure Virtual Desktop environment. The IT team has spent a lot of time managing applications and Windows updates in each image required by different departments. By using the Microsoft layering technology in MSIX app attach, the team separated the process of application delivery from the primary image.
Contoso can now use a few standardized images and separate virtual hard disks that contain MSIX packages. The company also improved the update process of the applications, because the application modification can now be saved in a new package that can then be delivered on existing virtual machines.
In this module, you learned how to use MSIX app attach to deliver MSIX packages in an Azure Virtual Desktop environment.
You can learn more by reviewing the following resources:
- What is MSIX?
- What is MSIX app attach?
- Create PowerShell scripts for MSIX app attach (preview)
- What is Azure Virtual Desktop?
- MSIX Packaging Tool
- Using startup, shutdown, logon, and logoff scripts in Group Policy
- Azure Virtual Desktop cmdlets for Windows PowerShell
- Azure Virtual Desktop scaling script repository
- Tutorial: Manage app groups with the Azure portal