You’re the solution architect for a manufacturing company that currently hosts its IT operations through a managed service provider. The company has recently decided to migrate their on-premises operations to Azure and has completed the planning and assessment of their on-premises environment, in which a mix of virtualized Windows and Linux workloads currently runs.
As a result of the planning phase, you’ve decided to use Azure Migrate to migrate your on-premises workloads to Azure. You now plan to run a pilot to migrate an initial subset of the workloads in your environment.
You’ve set up an Azure Migrate project, confirmed that prerequisites are in place, and are ready to complete the migration. You’ll ensure that each VM is successfully migrated to Azure with no data loss and that the migrated workloads have adequate security controls in place.
In this module, you’ll learn how to use Azure Migrate to:
- Configure replication of VMs in Azure Migrate
- Monitor and test the migration
- Migrate VMs to Azure
In this module, you’ll learn how to:
- Set up the migration target environment
- Prepare virtualized on-premises workloads for migration
- Monitor and test a failover of workloads for successful migration
- Complete the migration
- Implement security controls for migrated workloads
- Knowledge of cloud and traditional architecture concepts
- Knowledge of networking, compute, and database systems
- Familiarity with virtualization concepts like VMs, virtual networks, and virtual hard disks
- Ability to manage cloud identities with Azure Active Directory
Need help? See our troubleshooting guide or provide specific feedback by reporting an issue.