Minecraft apply and enrich: Chemistry
This module is designed to guide educators to better understand the Chemistry and Science functionality in Minecraft: Education Edition and how the game supports inquiry and curiosity for all students.
In this module, you will:
- Use the Element Constructor to build as many as 118 elements from the Periodic Table based on the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons in each element.
- Use the Compound Creator to combine elements into as many as 30 compounds and then use the Lab Table to create additional Minecraft items.
- Reduce blocks to their component elements with the Material Reducer.
- Use the provided Educator Lab book as a guide to the chemistry crafting exercises.
- "Locate and download additional chemistry (and related) science lessons from the Minecraft: Education Edition site."
- Educator - Facilitator
- Educator - Leader
- Leaders - Empowering Leader
UNESCO Standards for Educators:
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Teacher Professional Learning
Knowledge check min