This module explores two of Rust's most powerful features: ownership and borrowing. These features enable Rust to make memory safety guarantees without needing a garbage collector, unlike many other languages.
In this module, you'll learn about:
- The concept of ownership in Rust.
- Moving and borrowing values.
- Scoping rules and lifetimes.
- Rust's pointer types, commonly called references.
- You should have a basic understanding of Rust's primitive and collection types, as covered in the previous modules.
Need help? See our troubleshooting guide or provide specific feedback by reporting an issue.