Test your Bicep code by using GitHub Actions
Validate and test your Bicep code in your deployment workflow. You'll use linting, preflight validation, and the what-if operation to validate your Azure changes before you deploy, and you'll test your resources after each deployment.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Add Bicep code linting during continuous integration
- Add preflight deployment validation during build or release jobs
- Add what-if checks, including manual approval steps
- Verify the configuration of the deployed environment
You should be familiar with using:
- Bicep, including creating and deploying basic files.
- Azure, including the Azure portal, subscriptions, resource groups, and resources.
- Basic Git commands, including cloning, committing files, and pushing changes to GitHub.
- Basic GitHub Actions workflows, including secrets so your workflow can connect to your Azure environment.
To work through the exercises in the module, you'll need:
- An Azure account, with the ability to create resource groups and Azure Active Directory applications.
- A GitHub account.
You'll also need the following software installed locally:
- Visual Studio Code
- The Bicep extension for Visual Studio Code
- The latest Azure CLI tools or the latest Azure PowerShell version
Knowledge check min