The decision to upgrade or migrate from a previous Windows version can involve several factors. You must also decide how to do the upgrade or migration. Many parameters can contribute to the upgrade decision. However, the goal is always the same at the end of the process. You want to have your computer running the newest operating system while keeping settings or data in the Windows operating system before installing the upgrade.
This module examines the fundamentals of the upgrading and migrating processes for a single Windows device. While organizations typically upgrade and migrate devices at scale using management tools. Administrators need to understand the underlying processes involved. Understanding these processes helps identify different methods that you can use for upgrading and migrating your operating system. These processes help you choose a plan that best suits your scenario.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Describe the process of upgrading to a newer version of Windows.
- Describe the factors to consider when deciding to upgrade Windows.
- Describe the process of migrating to Windows.
- Understand the considerations when choosing between the upgrade and migration processes.
- Upgrade a Windows device.