Implement Windows Server hybrid cloud management, monitoring, and security
This learning path addresses problems related to managing, monitoring, and securing a hybrid environment. After completing the learning path, you’ll be able to manage and maintain hybrid Azure and on-premises workloads.
- Experience with managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS (Active Directory Domain Services), DNS, DFS, Hyper-V, and File and Storage Services.
- Experience with common Windows Server management tools (implied by the first prerequisite).
- Basic knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies (implied by the first prerequisite).
- Basic knowledge of on-premises resiliency Windows Server-based compute and storage technologies (Failover Clustering, Storage Spaces).
- Basic experience with implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory.
- Basic understanding security-related technologies (firewalls, encryption, multi-factor authentication, SIEM/SOAR).
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell scripting.
- An understanding of the following concepts as related to Windows Server technologies:
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Modules in this learning path
You'll learn to describe Azure Arc, implement Azure Arc with on-premises server instances, deploy Azure policies with Azure Arc, and use role-based access control (RBAC) to restrict access to Log Analytics data.
You'll be able to implement Azure Monitor for IaaS VMs in Azure, implement Azure Monitor in on-premises environments, and use dependency maps.
You'll learn about Azure Security Center and how to onboard Windows Server computers to Security Center. You'll also learn about Azure Sentinel, security information and event management (SIEM), and security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR).
You'll be able to enable Azure Update Management, deploy updates, review an update assessment, and manage updates for your Azure VMs.