Troubleshoot Azure Virtual Machines boot errors
This article lists the common boot errors that you may receive when you start a Windows virtual machine (VM) in Microsoft Azure. For more information about the errors, see the articles in the Boot errors and solutions section.
Boot errors and solutions
- BitLocker boot errors
- VM is not booting after Windows update
- Windows show "Checking file system" during boot
- Blue screen errors
- VM startup is stuck on "Getting Windows Ready
- "CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED" error on blue screen
- Reboot loop problem
- Boot diagnostics
- VM Serial Console
- Troubleshoot a Windows VM by attaching the OS disk to a recovery VM
Contact us for help
If you have questions or need help, create a support request, or ask Azure community support. You can also submit product feedback to Azure community support.