Maintain a Visual Studio subscription for Azure credit access
If your Visual Studio subscription expires or is removed, subscription benefits including the monthly Azure dev/test individual credit are no longer available. To continue using Azure with a monthly credit, you'll need to renew your subscription, purchase a new subscription, and/or transfer your Azure resources to a different Azure subscription that includes the Azure dev/test individual credit.
You must transfer your resources to another Azure subscription before your current Azure subscription is disabled or you'll lose access to your data.
If you don’t take one of these actions, your Azure subscription will be disabled at the time specified in your email notification. If the subscription is disabled, you can reenable it as a pay-as-you-go subscription by following these steps.
Maintain a subscription to use monthly credits
There are several ways to continue using a monthly credit for Azure. To save your Azure resources, you must transfer your resources to another Azure subscription, regardless of which of the following actions you choose:
Use a different subscription
- If you purchase your Visual Studio subscription directly, purchase a new subscription or renew your subscription through Microsoft Store.
- If someone in your organization purchases subscriptions for your organization, contact your Visual Studio subscription admin and request a subscription that provides the monthly credit that you need.
- If you have another active Visual Studio subscription at the same subscription level, you can use it to set up a new Azure credit subscription.
Convert your Azure subscription to pay-as-you-go
If you no longer need a Visual Studio subscription or credit but you want to continue using your Azure resources, remove your spending limit to convert your Azure subscription to pay-as-you-go pricing.
For assistance with sales, subscriptions, accounts and billing for Visual Studio Subscriptions, contact Visual Studio subscriptions support.
- Visual Studio documentation
- Azure DevOps documentation
- Azure documentation
- Microsoft 365 documentation
If you're thinking about purchasing a subscription, check out our pricing page for a detailed list of what benefits are included in each subscription. You can also use the Visual Studio Subscription benefits page to see more detailed information.
Submit and view feedback for