Add the Viva Connections app in the Teams Admin Center
After you have prepared your intranet for Viva Connections in SharePoint, you are ready to add the Viva Connections app in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center. Add the Viva Connections app, and then customize app settings to add your organization's logo, pre-install, and pre-pin the app for end users.
- Teams administrator (or higher) permissions are required to add the Viva Connections app to the Teams Admin Center.
Start by adding the app in the Teams Admin Center
- Log in to the Microsoft Teams admin center
- Select Teams Apps and then Manage Apps
- Search for “Viva Connections”, and select the Viva Connections app
The Viva Connections app is blocked by default.
Next, customize the app
Select Actions in the top-right area and then select Customize
From the Customize panel, update the attributes under details.
The Short name will be the display name of the Viva Connections app in your tenant. In this example, it is “Relecloud”.
Next, select Icon at the bottom of the Customize panel.
Upload a full color icon 192x192px and also upload a transparent outline icon 32x32px. Optionally, select an accent color that will be applied on card elements in the app on Teams mobile.
Select Apply when you are done.
Then, customize the app settings
Most organizations want to pin the Viva Connections app to the top of the Teams app bar for all users. This can be accomplished by changing the pinned apps in the Microsoft Teams admin center under Setup policies.
- Navigate to the Teams admin center > Teams apps > Setup policies.
- Select Global (Org-wide default) (this is the default policy for all users).
- Scroll down to Pinned apps.
- Select + Add apps.
- In the second box, search for the Viva Connections app you enabled with the name you gave it, for example, Intranet.
- Select Add next to the app name and then Add at the bottom of the panel.
- Use the two horizontal lines next to the app to drag it to the top of the app list.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.
If your needs are different, learn more about Teams app setup policies.
Optionally (but highly recommended) set app permissions policies to determine which users have access to the app. Learn more about Teams permission policies.
Finally, make the app available to end users
Return to the Teams admin center and select Teams apps then Manage apps and search for the Viva Connections app using the name you selected as the Short name when you first customized the Viva Connections app.
Change the app from the default Blocked by Publisher state to the Allowed state.
Submit and view feedback for