1. Introduction to the Multi-user capabilities tutorials
Welcome to the Multi-User Capabilities tutorials! Through this tutorial series, you will learn the fundamentals of building a multi-user experience using Photon Unity Networking (PUN). PUN is one of several networking options available to mixed reality developers to create shared experiences.
Tutorials in this series:
- Setting up Photon Unity Networking
- Connecting multiple users
- Sharing object movements with multiple users
- Learn how to create a PUN app and connect your Unity project to it
- Learn how to connect multiple users in a shared experience
- Learn how to share the object movements with other users
- A Windows 10 computer configured with the correct tools installed
- Windows 10 SDK 10.0.18362.0 or later
- A HoloLens 2 device configured for development
- Unity Hub with Unity 2020 LTS installed and the Universal Windows Platform Build Support module added
- Completed the Getting started tutorials series or some basic prior experience with Unity and MRTK
- If you intend to deploy to Android as well as HoloLens
- If you intend to deploy to iOS as well as HoloLens
The recommended Mixed Reality Toolkit version for this tutorial series is MRTK 2.7.
The recommended Unity version for this tutorial series is Unity 2020 LTS. This supersedes any Unity version requirements stated in the prerequisites linked above.