As the Azure security engineer, you implement, manage, and monitor security for resources in Azure, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure. You recommend security components and configurations to protect the following:
- Identity and access
Your responsibilities as an Azure security engineer include:
- Managing the security posture.
- Identifying and remediating vulnerabilities.
- Performing threat modelling.
- Implementing threat protection.
You may also participate in responding to security incidents. As an Azure security engineer, you work with architects, administrators, and developers to plan and implement solutions that meet security and compliance requirements.
You should have:
- Practical experience in administration of Microsoft Azure and hybrid environments.
- Strong familiarity with compute, network, and storage in Azure and Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), part of Microsoft Entra.
The English language version of this certification was updated on August 23, 2023. Review the study guide linked on the Exam AZ-500 page for details about recent changes.