Candidates for this certification deliver actionable insights by working with available data and applying
domain expertise. They provide meaningful business value through easy-to-comprehend data
visualizations, enable others to perform self-service analytics, and deploy and configure solutions for
The Power BI data analyst works closely with business stakeholders to identify business requirements.
They collaborate with enterprise data analysts and data engineers to identify and acquire data. They
also transform the data, create data models, visualize data, and share assets by using Power BI.
Candidates for this certification should be proficient at using Power Query and writing expressions by using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). These professionals know how to assess data quality. Plus, they
understand data security, including row-level security and data sensitivity.
If you need more experience before you try to earn this certification, you could:
- Work on a Power BI data analysis and visualization project.
- Shadow a data analyst who works with Power BI.
- Complete additional training on Microsoft Learn.
- Take available learning paths on Microsoft Learn.
- Find training options at the Power BI Learning catalog.
- Sign up for an instructor-led training course.
The English language version of this certification was updated on January 31, 2023. Visit the Exam PL-300 page to download the study guide.