Microsoft Edge supported Operating Systems
Microsoft Edge for Business is now available in Edge stable version 116! Learn more about the new, dedicated work experience with native enterprise grade security, productivity, manageability, and AI built in.
This article describes the supported operating systems that apply to Microsoft Edge.
This article applies to the Microsoft Edge versions 77 and higher for the desktop.
Supported Operating Systems for Microsoft Edge
Product functionality and feature availability may vary on older operating systems. To ensure that Microsoft Edge installs correctly, use the latest version of any operating system specified below. This guidance includes the latest cumulative update, as applicable.
Microsoft Edge follows the Modern Lifecycle Policy and is supported on the following operating systems.
- With Windows 7 Extended Security Update (ESU) end of support on January 10th, 2023, Microsoft Edge version 109 will be the last browser version to support this operating system. Microsoft Edge version 109 is scheduled for release the week of January 12th, 2023 (to learn more, see our release schedule).
Windows 10 SAC 1709 and later **
Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSC
Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSC
Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC
Windows 10 Enterprise 2021 LTSC
Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise SAC ****
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC ****
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Edge version 109 will be the last browser version to support this operating system. Microsoft Edge version 109 is scheduled for release the week of January 12th, 2023 (to learn more, see our release schedule).
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Edge version 109 will be the last version supported on Windows Server 2012 and Windows 2012 R2. Microsoft Edge version 109 will receive critical security fixes and fixes for known exploit bugs until October 10, 2023, on these platforms.
- Windows Server 2016 (LTSC)
- Windows Server 2019 (LTSC)
- Windows Server 2022 (LTSC)
- Windows Server (SAC)
** For Windows 10 SAC releases that are out of support but Microsoft Edge is supported it is recommended to upgrade to a supported Win10 SAC release as soon as possible to remain secure. Microsoft Edge being supported in this state should be considered a temporary bridge to getting to a supported OS state.
**** The Microsoft Edge OPK is available on MOO for IoT OEMs to preinstall and distribute as part of their Windows 10 IoT Enterprise based solution.
- Catalina (10.15) and later
Microsoft Edge for iPad® and iPhone® requires iOS 14.0 or later. Microsoft Edge for iPad Pro™ requires iOS 14.0 or later. Microsoft Edge is supported on the two most recent versions of iOS. When a new version of iOS is released, the Microsoft Edge Operating System requirement becomes the then-current two most recent major versions: the new version of iOS and the previous version.
Microsoft Edge for Android can be installed on tablets and phones that meet the following criteria: devices running Android KitKat 4.4 or later with an ARM-based processor.
Apple Silicon Macs
Microsoft Edge native support as of Stable version 88 for Apple Silicon Macs.
Microsoft Edge is supported on Linux.
Microsoft Edge does not support Chromebooks.
- 12/17/2020 - Microsoft Edge support on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 extended to January 15, 2022.
- 01/28/2021 - Microsoft Edge support for Apple Silicon Macs.
- 11/05/2021 - Microsoft Edge support on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 extended through January 15, 2023 for critical security and stability updates.