Developer Portal for Teams
Developer Portal for Teams is the primary tool for configuring, distributing, and managing your Microsoft Teams apps. With Developer Portal, you can collaborate with colleagues on your app, set up runtime environments, and much more.
- Developer Portal isn't available for Government Community Cloud (GCC)-High or Department of Defense (DOD) tenants.
- However, you can use a regular tenant to build an app in Developer Portal, download the app, and upload the app using Microsoft Graph to a national cloud. For more information, see National cloud deployments.
Register an app
Developer Portal provides the following ways to register a Teams app:
Create and register a brand new app
Developer Portal allows you to create a brand new app:
Sign in to Developer Portal and select Apps from the left pane.
Select + New app.
Enter app name and select Add.
Now you've successfully created a brand new app and you can see all the basic information of the new app.
Import an existing app
Follow the steps to import and manage your existing app in Developer Portal:
In Developer Portal, select Apps from the left pane.
Select Import app.
Select the app manifest file, and then select Open.
You can receive an error message such as Provided add-in package was not understood. Ensure that the file being submitted is a valid Office add-in package, if there are nested folders or missing files in the app package folder.
Developer Portal creates a unique app ID and locks the ID for your registered Teams app. You can’t edit or provide an ID of your choice, which prevents to have duplicate app IDs for multiple apps.
If you create an app using the Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code, you can manage your app in Developer Portal.
You can import an existing app to Developer Portal that was created in App Studio. If an app in your tenant doesn't have an owner, the Teams Tenant admin or Global admin can take ownership of the app from Teams Developer Portal.
Changelog for Developer Portal
Changelog for Developer Portal allows you to stay engaged with the latest updates in Teams. You can view the updates about features, recent changes in APIs, and important bug fixes.
To view Changelog, sign in to Developer Portal and select Changelog from the left pane.
The updates for Changelog in Developer Portal are categorized based on the following:
- Added: Updates on a service or feature that's a new feature or capability.
- Changed: Updates on a service or API that's modified.
- Removed: Updates on a service or API that's removed and may be replaced with a new and updated service.
- Fixed: Updates on a service or API that was previously identified as a high-priority or breaking-change issue that's fixed or mitigated.
- Deprecated: Updates on a service or API at the end of its life and deprecated.
- Security: Updates on important and critical security patch.