Data Collection Rule for Syslog
This template creates a data collection rule defining the data source (Syslog) and the destination workspace.
Sample overview and deployed resources
The following resources are deployed
Data collection rule (DCR) - defines:
- Data Sources: WHAT data should be collected
- Destinations: WHERE it should be sent
- Data flows: HOW to route data streams
MySyslogDcr: Defines Microsoft-Syslog as the data source, and the log analytics workspaceResourceId as the destination.
A log analytics workspace resource created. The resource ID will be the input of the deployment.
You can click the "deploy to Azure" button at the beginning of this document or follow the instructions for command line deployment using the scripts in the root of this repo.
For more information on data collection rules, please visit:
- Data Collection Rules overview
- Data Collection Rule Associations
- Azure Monitor agent overview
- Install Azure Monitor agent
Tags: DCR, DCRA, Monitor, data collection, data collection rule, azure monitor, Microsoft.Insights/dataCollectionRules, microsoft.operationalinsights/workspaces