Migrate Box to Microsoft 365 with Migration Manager
Collaborate all in one place by migrating your Box documents, data, and users to OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams in Microsoft 365.
How does it work?
- Step 1: Connect to Box. Sign in to your Box account and add the Microsoft 365 migration app to your Box account custom apps.
- Step 2: Scan and assess Box user accounts are scanned automatically for you. Once the scans are complete, download the generated reports and logs to investigate any possible issues that might block your migration.
- Step 3: Copy to Migrations list After a Box user has been scanned and determined ready, add them to your migration list.
- Step 4: Review destination paths We automatically map source paths to any exactly matching destination paths. Ensure content is being copied to the right place by reviewing and modifying as needed for each destination path.
- Step 5: Map identities Map your groups and users in Box to an account in Microsoft 365 to migrate your Box sharing settings.
- Step 6: Migrate and Monitor After reviewing your migration setup, migrate your Box accounts and monitor the progress
To get started:
Make sure that you have:
Access to the destination: You must either be a global admin or OneDrive/SharePoint admin to the Microsoft 365 tenant where you want to migrate your content.
Access to the source: Have Box account credentials that have read access to any Box user account you plan to migrate.
Prerequisites installed: Make sure you have the necessary prerequisites installed.
File size migration limit
We support files up to 15 GB in size for Box to Microsoft 365 migrations.
Box notes are not converted to a .docx format during migration.
Migration Manager Box isn't available for users of Office 365 operated by 21Vianet in China.
This feature is also not supported for users of the Government Cloud, including GCC, Consumer, GCC High, or DoD.
Submit and view feedback for