Hi @Amanpreet Grewal ,
From your description, I understand that you cannot add your myYahoo and AOL email accounts in the old version of Outlook, but you can add your myYahoo email account in the new version of Outlook, but it is not visible when you switch back to the old version. This may be because the new and old versions of Outlook use different profiles, which prevents your accounts added in the new version from syncing to the old version. You can try the following steps to solve this problem:
- From Finder, open the Applications folder.
- Ctrl+click or right-click Microsoft Outlook, and then select Show Package Contents.
- Open Contents > SharedSupport, and then launch Outlook Profile Manager.
- Select the Create a new profile button, and then enter a name for the new profile.
- Select the new profile, and then select Set as Default Profile.
- Restart Outlook and add your email accounts in the new profile.
These steps are from this article, where you can find more detailed instructions.
When I try to generate an app password for Outlook in both, I get the following error message: "sorry, this feature is not available right now!"
This may be because your email service provider has temporarily disabled this feature, or your network connection has a problem. You can try the following methods to solve this problem:
- Check your network connection and see if it is working properly. If not, try restarting your router or switching to another network.
- Make sure you have enabled two-step verification for your email accounts, otherwise you cannot generate an app password.
- Wait for a while and try to generate an app password again, and see if it works normally.
- If none of the above methods work, you can contact your email service provider’s customer service and ask them if they have any issues or restrictions on app passwords.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.