1,875,050 questions

Sort by: Updated
0 answers

about windows 11

Hello Microsoft Community and Team, I would like to share some constructive feedback and feature suggestions regarding Windows 11: Allow Local Account Setup during Installation: Many users prefer using a local account instead of being forced into a…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
asked 2026-10-10T00:04:34.59+00:00
AndreiDevTester Maria 0 Reputation points
edited a comment 2026-10-10T00:11:09.14+00:00
Dio Xavier 297K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
1 answer One of the answers was accepted by the question author.

sbcglobal no longer works in Outlook in Windows 11;

Has ATT stopped support for the sbcglobal.net email addresses in Outlook? I have the Windows 11 version of Outlook Classic.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home
asked 2025-07-26T12:36:27.76+00:00
Daniel W 20 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-10T00:10:29.28+00:00
Cheryl Halseth 0 Reputation points
1 answer

I can't activate Windows Server 2022 Standard

I activated the product key one time in the past a long time ago but only for OS testing purposes. Removed that OS a very long time ago because I was already using an earlier Windows Server 2016 OS. Now that Windows Server 2016 will soon be unsupported I…

Windows for business | Windows Server | Devices and deployment | Licensing and activation
asked 2026-10-09T21:17:51.89+00:00
Ed Hotin 1 Reputation point
commented 2026-10-10T00:09:42.86+00:00
Ed Hotin 1 Reputation point
3 answers

Grouping objects in WORD to copy and paste

As I try to select a second object the first deselects

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows
asked 2026-10-08T15:18:02.8766667+00:00
Gail Kidd 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-10T00:09:05.0233333+00:00
Jay Freedman 208.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
0 answers

I have a repeating popup in windows 11

It says "edit resources of exe has stopped working" with an option to close the program which I do. Then 5 minutes later, another and another. I am fairly computer literate but this has me stumped.

Windows for business | Windows 365 Business
asked 2026-10-10T00:08:59.34+00:00
Mike Cole 0 Reputation points
1 answer

How to stop Microsoft business subscription charges after leaving my employer?

Hello Microsoft Community, I need assistance with a Microsoft charge made to my personal credit card in September 2026. I previously purchased a Microsoft Copilot-related service while working for a company. I have since left that employer, and my…

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
asked 2026-10-09T23:25:06.2466667+00:00
Antonio Acevedo 0 Reputation points
edited an answer 2026-10-10T00:08:32.93+00:00
Aetherin 3,005 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2 answers

I need escalation to the Microsoft Account Recovery Team for a full cleanup of work/school associations on my personal Microsoft account.”

I need escalation to the Microsoft Account Recovery Team for a full cleanup of work/school associations on my personal Microsoft account.”

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows
asked 2026-10-09T23:42:50.1466667+00:00
Jeff Moyer 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-10T00:07:36.5866667+00:00
Dora-T 1,300 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2 answers

Difficulty saving files with Word for Mac

A few weeks ago I started having difficulty saving word documents on my Mac (and iCloud). I have plenty of storage on the Mac and in iCloud and I've tried many solutions.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS
asked 2026-10-09T23:07:53.53+00:00
Stuart Sinoff 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-10T00:07:27.11+00:00
John Korchok 236.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
1 answer

My Microsoft account is being treated as a Work/School account and I cannot reach support

My personal Microsoft account is being misclassified as a Work/School account. Because of this, every support page redirects me to the Sign-in Helper and I cannot reach a human agent. My account appears to be stuck in the GUID tenant [Moderator note:…

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
asked 2026-06-12T09:21:55.44+00:00
PeterO 5 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-10T00:07:19.9566667+00:00
Jeff Moyer 0 Reputation points
1 answer

Issue loading Outlook 365 to a Macbook

I have a Macbook and Office 365. Word, Excel etc are working normally. The MacBook is only a couple of weeks old and Outlook was working well until today. (Its also working normally on an iMac.) I have tried everything I can of including deleting it and…

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home
asked 2026-10-09T06:25:34.3866667+00:00
Ric E 0 Reputation points
edited the question 2026-10-10T00:05:43.0933333+00:00
Emma1-N 13,595 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
0 answers

Xbox 360 profile download fails with 8015190A after deleting profile – connection test passes

Hi, my Xbox 360 (original model, 2009) was signing in to Xbox Live normally, then suddenly stopped working. To fix it I deleted my profile from the console and tried to download it again, but the download always fails at the authentication step with…

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
asked 2026-10-10T00:05:17.1433333+00:00
치영 송 0 Reputation points
3 answers

Opening old Word files

Trying to open old (1990's) Word files ho do I find MS knowledge base article 922850?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows
asked 2026-10-09T02:00:09.9833333+00:00
Mike Smith 20 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-10T00:02:21.94+00:00
Jay Freedman 208.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2 answers

Family office subscription applied

i have been sent an d approved a family office subscription. I go into word and it's asking me to activate but an error code show up 0x0. how can i activate my office

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other
asked 2026-10-09T23:22:33.5633333+00:00
Sebastian Van Der Vliet 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-09T23:58:04.6366667+00:00
Estrella721 46,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2 answers

Background issue

i want to change my background to a moving background without installing third party software for my hp computer

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Other
asked 2026-10-09T19:09:00.9666667+00:00
Zachary Panczenko 0 Reputation points
edited an answer 2026-10-09T23:56:28.0633333+00:00
Emma1-N 13,595 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2 answers

use of Co-Pilot and unexpected chuck-off

I am a paying Microsoft 365 customer. I find it extraordinary that after approximately five minutes of interaction with the Copilot service I was informed that I had exhausted my permitted usage and should return at 10:00. This is not the experience I…

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
asked 2026-10-07T14:47:51.8366667+00:00
Andrew Hope 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T23:55:48.0466667+00:00
Xavier-D 13,855 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
1 answer

logged in earlier because office home 2024 will not receive or send on macbook air. Was directed to a live support tech for a $5 charge that was said to be reimbursable. Live tech spt did not fix problem. Credit card billed $70. Would like reimburseme

office home 2024 on macbook air not fixed by live tech. Credit card was charged $70 that login said was reimbursable. Would like reimbursed. Still cant receive or send e-mails on macbook air.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home
asked 2026-10-09T23:54:45.9366667+00:00
Raymond Harris 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-09T23:55:23.61+00:00

AI answer

1 answer

"I created the document myself in Word Online yesterday, it appears in Recent under my own account, but I cannot open it or access sharing permissions."

I have been using word on-line. I am unable to open it, I see in recent but not in files. I have done everything and still get this error. I have used this account and see all my last documents from back in March 2026. This is a huge project which I…

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Other
asked 2026-10-08T14:01:29.77+00:00
Kathy Kloehn 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T23:54:18.9066667+00:00
Xavier-D 13,855 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2 answers

Lost Microsoft Reward Points

This AM I was notified that I had a substantial amount of rewards points available that might become unavailable after 10/15. I had enough points to redeem for $50 in Amazon gift cards, I redeemed three $10 cards when the remainder of my points…

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

8,508 questions
asked 2026-10-09T23:18:02.31+00:00
David T 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-09T23:53:35.8+00:00
Estrella721 46,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2 answers

60,000Hz monitor display bug

So, my PC used a DELL E2423H monitor (that's definitely 60Hz), but somehow in the advanced display settings it showed 60,000Hz and that's the only option in the dropdown please fix

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
asked 2026-10-09T23:17:10.9+00:00
Đức Kiên Lê 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-09T23:53:22.69+00:00
Ivan B 125K Reputation points Independent Advisor
3 answers

Word not working

Word is not working. I get a message that says there's an issue and if I want help. I say yes but nothing is happening.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows
asked 2026-06-14T17:11:34.32+00:00
Nancy Collins 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T23:52:12.29+00:00
LeonieR 0 Reputation points