IT Service Management integration
This article describes how you can integrate Azure Monitor with supported IT Service Management (ITSM) products.
Azure services like Log Analytics and Azure Monitor provide tools to detect, analyze, and troubleshoot problems with your Azure and non-Azure resources. But the work items related to an issue typically reside in an ITSM product or service.
Azure Monitor provides a bidirectional connection between Azure and ITSM tools to help you resolve issues faster. You can create work items in your ITSM tool based on your Azure metric alerts, activity log alerts, and Log Analytics alerts.
Azure Monitor supports connections with the following ITSM tools:
- ServiceNow ITSM or IT Operations Management (ITOM)
ITSM integration workflow
Depending on your integration, start connecting to your ITSM tool with these steps:
For ServiceNow ITOM events or BMC Helix, use the secure webhook action:
For ServiceNow ITSM, use the ITSM action:
- Connect to your ITSM. For more information, see the ServiceNow connection instructions.
- (Optional) Set up the IP ranges. To list the ITSM IP addresses to allow ITSM connections from partner ITSM tools, list the whole public IP range of an Azure region where the Log Analytics workspace belongs. For more information, see the Microsoft Download Center. For regions EUS/WEU/EUS2/WUS2/US South Central, the customer can list the ActionGroup network tag only.
- Configure your Azure ITSM solution and create the ITSM connection.
- Configure an action group to use the ITSM connector.