Understanding Data Factory pricing through examples
APPLIES TO: Azure Data Factory Azure Synapse Analytics
This article explains and demonstrates the Azure Data Factory pricing model with detailed examples. You can also refer to the Azure Pricing Calculator for more specific scenarios and to estimate your future costs to use the service. To understand how to estimate pricing for any scenario, not just the examples here, refer to the article Plan and manage costs for Azure Data Factory.
For more details about pricing in Azure Data Factory, refer to the Data Pipeline Pricing and FAQ.
The prices used in these examples below are hypothetical and are not intended to imply exact actual pricing. Read/write and monitoring costs are not shown since they are typically negligible and will not impact overall costs significantly. Activity runs are also rounded to the nearest 1000 in pricing calculator estimates.
- Copy data from AWS S3 to Azure Blob storage hourly for 30 days
- Copy data and transform with Azure Databricks hourly for 30 days
- Copy data and transform with dynamic parameters hourly for 30 days
- Run SSIS packages on Azure-SSIS integration runtime
- Using mapping data flow debug for a normal workday
- Transform data in blob store with mapping data flows
- Data integration in Azure Data Factory Managed VNET
- Pricing example: Get delta data from SAP ECC via SAP CDC in mapping data flows
Now that you understand the pricing for Azure Data Factory, you can get started!