Tutorial: Sample steps to perform a CSV parser ingestion
CSV Parser ingestion provides the capability to ingest CSV files into the Microsoft Energy Data Services Preview instance.
In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Ingest a sample wellbore data CSV file into the Microsoft Energy Data Services Preview instance using Postman
- Search for storage metadata records created during the CSV Ingestion using Postman
Microsoft Energy Data Services requires registration and is available to only approved customers and partners during the preview period. To request access to Microsoft Energy Data Services during the preview period, use this form.
Get Microsoft Energy Data Services Preview instance details
Microsoft Energy Data Services Preview instance is created already. If not, follow the steps outlined in Quickstart: Create a Microsoft Energy Data Services Preview instance
For this tutorial, you will need the following parameters:
Parameter Value to use Example Where to find these values? CLIENT_ID Application (client) ID 3dbbbcc2-f28f-44b6-a5ab-xxxxxxxxxxxx App ID or Client_ID used when registering the application with the Microsoft Identity Platform. See Register an application CLIENT_SECRET Client secrets _fl****************** Sometimes called an application password, a client secret is a string value your app can use in place of a certificate to identity itself. See Add a client secret TENANT_ID Directory (tenant) ID 72f988bf-86f1-41af-91ab-xxxxxxxxxxxx Hover over your account name in the Azure portal to get the directory or tenant ID. Alternately, search and select Azure Active Directory > Properties > Tenant ID in the Azure portal. SCOPE Application (client) ID 3dbbbcc2-f28f-44b6-a5ab-xxxxxxxxxxxx Same as App ID or Client_ID mentioned above refresh_token Refresh Token value 0.ATcA01-XWHdJ0ES-qDevC6r........... Follow the How to Generate a Refresh Token to create a refresh token and save it. This refresh token is required later to generate a user token. DNS URI
Overview page of Microsoft Energy Data Services instance data-partition-id Data Partition(s)
Overview page of Microsoft Energy Data Services instance
Follow the Manage users guide to add appropriate entitlements for the user running this tutorial
Set up and execute Postman requests
Download and install Postman desktop app
Import the following files into Postman:
To import the Postman collection and environment variables, follow the steps outlined in Importing data into Postman
Update the CURRENT_VALUE of the Postman environment with the information obtained in Microsoft Energy Data Services Preview instance details
The Postman collection for CSV parser ingestion contains a total of 10 requests, which have to be executed in a sequential manner.
Each request can be triggered by clicking the Send Button.
On every request Postman will validate the actual API response code against the expected response code; if there's any mismatch the test section will indicate failures.
Successful Postman request
Failed Postman request
Ingest a sample wellbore data CSV file into the Microsoft Energy Data Services Preview instance using Postman
Using the given Postman collection, you could execute the following steps to ingest the wellbore data:
- Get a user token - Generate the User token, which will be used to authenticate further API calls.
- Create a schema - Generate a schema that adheres to the columns present in the CSV file
- Get schema details - Get the schema created in the previous step and validate it
- Create a legal tag - Create a legal tag that will be added to the CSV data for data compliance purpose
- Get a signed url for uploading a CSV file - Get the signed URL path to which the CSV file will be uploaded
- Upload a CSV file - Download the Wellbore.csv to your local machine, and select this file in Postman by clicking the Select File option as shown in the Screenshot below.
- Upload CSV file metadata - Upload the file metadata information such as file location & other relevant fields
- Trigger a CSV parser ingestion workflow - Triggers the CSV Parser ingestion workflow DAG.
- Get CSV parser ingestion workflow status - Gets the status of CSV Parser Dag Run.
Search for storage metadata records created during the CSV Ingestion using Postman
Using the given Postman collection, you could execute the following step to search for the ingested wellbore data:
Advance to the next tutorial to learn how to do Manifest ingestion