Warehouse management feature state updates for 10.0.29
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts
|Aug 1, 2022
|Oct 1, 2022
Turning on features by default helps customers stay current with the latest warehouse management capabilities of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
Features becoming mandatory with the 10.0.29 release
These features have become mandatory and can no longer be disabled.
- Additional location zone: Adds three new zone fields to each warehouse location record and adds support for them in the location setup wizard. The new zone fields can be populated manually or via the location wizard. They can be used in any query or filter that uses the locations table.
- Cancel work
- Consolidate shipment
- Create and process transfer orders from the warehouse app
- Decouple putaway work from ASNs: This feature adds a new database table dedicated to storing information about putaway work. Previously, this information was stored in tables also used for advance shipping notices (ASNs).
- Deferred put operations
- Deferred put processing – enable for audit template feature with trigger event set to Prior: Extends the deferred put processing functionality for the audit template with trigger event set to Prior.
- Enable fast validation for warehouse mobile devices: Helps improve performance by enabling the mobile app to consolidate license plates and validate catch weight tags during sales picking using local data, without interacting with the server.
- Flexible order-committed license plate reservation: Adds flexibility to the inventory reservation policy. It allows sales-order processing to create order-committed reservations of license plates with data entity support. The feature also improves warehouse work processing by supporting work identification and picking operations based on a single license plate scanning. It also allows picking of multiple work item lines related to the same license plate.
- Flexible warehouse-level dimension reservation
- Outbound workload visualization
- Planned cross docking
- Process warehouse app events
- Material handling equipment interface
- Query enhancement for the co-product and by-product put away work template: Lets you use data from co-products and by-products, in addition to main product data, in Co-product and by-product put away work template queries.
- Round quantities down to nearest sales unit on release to warehouse: Adds an option that can restrict order quantities on release to the warehouse. When enabled, order quantities will be rounded down to the nearest whole sales unit, and orders that include quantities for less than one sales unit will be rejected for release.
- Saved view for the load planning workbench
- Saved view for the work details page
- Saved view for wave processing
- Saved views for load processing
- Saved views for shipment processing
- Shipment wave label details: Allows tracking of every print of a shipment's labels.
- Slot mixed units: Allows the system to slot items into locations that include mixed units (such as both boxes and cases). For each slotting template line, this feature allows you to choose whether the line should slot items into mixed-unit or single-unit locations.
- Warehouse app promoted fields: Help focus workers' attention on the most important fields as they work through a flow in the Warehouse Management mobile app. Admins can choose precisely which fields to promote and which to highlight for each step in each process.
- Warehouse Management mobile app step instructions
- Warehouse location status
- Wave batch job details: Enables all users who work with waves to inspect the batch jobs and related tasks associated with any wave. The feature adds a new page called Wave batch job details, which provides a read-only view of batch jobs and related tasks.
- Wave execution notifications: Uses business events and the action center to deliver notifications related to wave execution.
Features becoming enabled by default with the 10.0.29 release
These features will be turned on by default but can still be manually disabled. These are all targeted to become mandatory with 2023 release wave 1.
- Cross-docking templates with location directives: Lets you use location directives to help determine the best location to move cross-docking inventory to. To set this up, assign a directive code to each relevant cross-docking template. Each directive code identifies a unique location directive.
- Deferred put - container: Extends the deferred processing functionality for work that uses containers.
- Disable expected receipts from quality orders that sample blocked inventory: Prevents the system from creating expected receipt transactions for quality orders that sample inventory with a blocking status.
- Item consolidation location utilization: The new location utilization page enables warehouse managers to easily view and filter the volumetric use of locations across the warehouse. If necessary, you can select locations and create inventory movement work straight from the page to consolidate items, thereby making better use of warehouse space.
- License plate receiving history: Logs all license plates registered through the menu items License plate receiving and License plate receiving and put-away. Each record stores the license plate ID, load and shipment information, the date and time of receiving, and the user ID of the worker who handled the license plate. This information is displayed on the License plate receiving history page.
- Manual shipment consolidation: The manual consolidation of shipments is a time-driven requirement. Some shipments get consolidated at release to warehouse, while some should be consolidated when they are already at the dock.
- Validate templates selected for replenishment jobs: Helps ensure users select valid replenishment templates when setting up a replenishment job. This feature prevents users from creating a replenishment job without a template and from selecting templates of type Wave demand, which won't create any replenishment work and may take a long time to process.
- Use faster API for containers closing/reopening on packing station: Creates inventory transactions related to containers using a new lightweight process to improve the performance of closing or reopening containers during manual packing station processing.
- Warehouse management app detours
Features becoming generally available with the 10.0.29 release
- Enhanced parser for GS1 barcodes: Enables the use of an enhanced parser for GS1 symbol data. The parser implements the GS1 General Specification algorithm for parsing GS1 symbols and includes stronger validations of data correctness.
- Manual transfer line picking service for admin or similar trusted users: Allows administrators to manually pick inventory transactions related to transfer lines, including lines that have already been released to warehouse.
- New load planning workbench pages: Enables two new load planning workbench pages: Inbound load planning workbench and Outbound load planning workbench.
- Scan GS1 barcodes