Local and regional deployments
If your government regulations require data to be stored differently or serviced differently than is required for other countries/regions, there might be country/region requirements you must consider during deployment. Consider the following resources that might be relevant to you:
Localization and regulatory features
Finance and operations apps include functionality for the country/regions documented in the Product localization and translation availability guide. This functionality is enabled based on the primary address of the active legal entity.
This article includes lists of resources that can help you do the following:
- Learn more about developing country/region-specific solutions.
- Get country/region specific updates.
- Submit and review regulatory alerts.
- Learn how to use country/region specific functionality.
Developing localized solutions
The following resources provides guidance and information that can help developers and ISVs who are creating country/region-specific customizations or are creating a solution for a country/region that Microsoft does not support.
- Separation of localization models
- Apply country/region context
- Regulatory certification information in feature titles
- Classification of localization features
- Country Codes - ISO 3166
Regulatory updates and communication
The following resources provide information about planned and new localization features.
Communication and alerts
- Regulatory watch and communication of regulatory updates
- Submit alerts about country/region-specific regulatory features
Dynamics 365 release plans
The Dynamics 365 release plans provide descriptions of new and enhanced capabilities that are planned for Dynamics 365 business applications and application platforms.
Finance and operations apps what's new
The What's new or changed in finance and operations home page lists the features that are included in specific releases of the finance and operations apps.
The Electronic reporting (ER) tool allows you to configure formats for electronic documents in accordance with the legal requirements of various countries/regions. ER lets you manage these formats during their lifecycle. For more information, refer to one of the following topics:
- Electronic reporting (ER) overview
- Manage the Electronic reporting (ER) configuration lifecycle
- Create Electronic reporting (ER) configurations
- Extend the list of Electronic reporting (ER) functions
- Electronic reporting (ER) destinations
- Download Electronic reporting configurations from Lifecycle Services
- Import Electronic reporting (ER) configurations
- Configure Electronic reporting (ER) to pull data into Power BI
- Generate electronic documents and update application data by using ER
Task guides are available from the product help pane and they provide a guided walk-through of key business processes. You can open a task guide to read the steps of a business process or you can play a task guide to walk through a business process and enter data.
To find task guides, navigate to a page in in the application and click Help. Task guides that use the page are listed in the help pane. You can also use the help pane to search for task guides by title.
To learn more, see Help system.