Honor individuals' privacy preferences
Your customers who have privacy or security concerns may ask you not to use email following features when you communicate with them. You can easily turn off these features for specific customers by setting email following options on their contact, lead, or account record. Email following is turned on by default for all records, so you must explicitly turn it off.
License and role requirements
|Requirement type||You must have|
|License||Dynamics 365 Sales Premium or Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise|
|Security roles||Any primary sales role, such as salesperson or sales manager|
Set privacy options for a contact, account, or lead
In Dynamics 365 Sales, open the contact, account, or lead record.
Open the Details tab.
In the Contact Preferences section, set Follow Email to Do Not Allow or Allow as needed.
When you compose an email that includes one or more recipients that don't allow following, email following features are turned off.
- The message doesn't include a web beacon or invisible, one-pixel GIF.
- Files are attached directly rather than linked, and no links are redirected through Dynamics 365 Sales.
- You can still schedule delivery and may still get template and delivery-time recommendations.
To view the tracking preferences for all the recipients of a message, select View Recipients' Preferences above the body of your message. The name and follow preference of each recipient is shown in a separate window. To open a recipient's record, select a name in the list.
Can't find the options in your app?
There are three possibilities:
- You don't have the necessary license or role.
- Your administrator hasn't turned on the feature.
- Your organization is using a custom app. Check with your administrator for exact steps. The steps described in this article are specific to the out-of-the-box Sales Hub and Sales Professional apps.