Enable email validation (preview)
This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.
Enable email validation in Dynamics 365 Sales to remove invalid email addresses from your lead records. You'll reduce email bounce rates, improve engagement, and get a better return on your sellers' time.
License and role requirements
|Requirement type||You must have|
|License||Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise, Dynamics 365 Sales Premium, or Microsoft Relationship Sales
More information: Dynamics 365 Sales pricing
|Security roles||System Administrator
More information: Predefined security roles for Sales
Before you enable the email validation feature, ensure that the AI Builder preview models option is enabled in your organization. More information: How do I enable a Preview feature?
In which regions is email validation available?
Email validation is available in the following regions:
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Canada (CAN)
- Europe (EUR)
- France (FRA)
- Great Britain (GBR)
- India (IND)
- Japan (JPN)
- North America (NAM)
- Oceania (OCE)
- South America (SAM)
- Switzerland (CHE)
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
What is email validation?
Email validation analyzes the primary email address in lead records to identify the ones that can't receive email. You must enable the feature. It's turned off by default.
Email address validation looks for the following issues:
- Incorrect syntax: An address that doesn't contain both a username and an email domain
- Disposable domain: An address that contains a known disposable or temporary email domain
- Test or spam email addresses: An address that contains known indicators of a test or spam address in the email header or metadata, IP address, HTML code of the email, and email content and formatting
- Expired email addresses: An email account that has expired and can no longer receive or send email
- Emails that bounce back: An address that can't receive a message for any reason
Sellers can view invalid email addresses on record forms, work list items, and the Up next widget in sales accelerator. More information: Work with invalid email addresses
Limitations of email validation
- Email validation works only for lead records.
- It's not available in custom apps.
- It checks only the primary email address in a lead record.
- Leads that are older than 180 days aren't validated.
Enable email address validation
In the Sales Hub site map, select Change area > App settings.
Select Data improvement > Email validation.
Turn on email validation.
Email validation runs immediately on the primary email address in lead records that are less than 180 days old. Subsequently, the validation runs once in every 6 hours. A red envelope icon indicates an invalid email address.
Can't find the options in your app?
There are three possibilities:
You don't have the necessary license or role.
Your administrator hasn't turned on the feature.
Your organization is using a custom app. Check with your administrator for exact steps. The steps described in this article are specific to the out-of-the-box apps such as, the Sales Hub or Sales Professional app.
Submit and view feedback for