Select a forecasting template
Select a template to define how a forecast structures your organization's data and projections. If you prefer to create a forecast based on your own rollup and hierarchy entities, select Create from scratch instead.
License and role requirements
|You must have
|Dynamics 365 Sales Premium or Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise
More information: Dynamics 365 Sales pricing
More information: Predefined security roles for Sales
Select a template
The fastest way to create a forecast is to use a template. The template that you select defines how the forecast groups data.
On the Forecast configurations page, select one of the following templates:
- Org chart forecast: Rollup columns and projections are based on your organization's reporting structure. This template uses the Manager field of the User entity for the hierarchy.
- Product forecast: Rollup columns and projections are based on the product hierarchy.
- Territory forecast: Rollup columns and projections are based on the sales territory hierarchy.
Can't find the options in your app?
There are three possibilities:
- You don't have the necessary license or role.
- Your administrator hasn't turned on the feature.
- Your organization is using a custom app. Check with your administrator for exact steps. The steps described in this article are specific to the out-of-the-box Sales Hub and Sales Professional apps.