Manage remote networks
Remote networks connect your users in remote locations to Global Secure Access (preview). Adding, updating, and removing remote networks from your environment are likely common tasks for many organizations.
This article explains how to manage your existing remote networks for Global Secure Access.
- A Global Secure Access Administrator role in Microsoft Entra ID
- The preview requires a Microsoft Entra ID P1 license. If needed, you can purchase licenses or get trial licenses.
- To use the Microsoft 365 traffic forwarding profile, a Microsoft 365 E3 license is recommended.
- At this time, remote networks can only be assigned to the Microsoft 365 traffic forwarding profile.
Update remote networks
You can update remote networks in the Microsoft Entra admin center or using the Microsoft Graph API.
To update the details of your remote networks:
Browse to Global Secure Access (preview) > Devices > Remote networks.
Select the remote network you need to update.
There are three sections with details you can edit:
From this page, you can delete the selected remote network. You can only change the name of a remote network after it's created. Select the pencil icon to edit the name of the remote network.
Add a new device link or delete an existing device link from this page. You can't edit the details of a device link after it was created. Select the trash can icon to delete a remote network device link.
From this page, you can enable or disable the available traffic forwarding profile. At this time, only the Microsoft 365 access profile can be applied to remote networks.
You can also assign a remote network to the Microsoft 365 traffic forwarding profile from Traffic forwarding area of Global Secure Access. Browse to Connect > Traffic forwarding and select the Add/edit assignments button for the traffic profile. For more information, see Global Secure Access traffic forwarding.
Delete a remote network
You can delete remote networks in the Microsoft Entra admin center or using the Microsoft Graph API.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Entra admin center at https://entra.microsoft.com.
- Browse to Global Secure Access (preview) > Devices > Remote networks.
- Select the remote network you need to delete.
- Select the Delete button.
- Select Delete from the confirmation message.
Your use of the Microsoft Entra Private Access and Microsoft Entra Internet Access preview experiences and features is governed by the preview online service terms and conditions of the agreement(s) under which you obtained the services. Previews may be subject to reduced or different security, compliance, and privacy commitments, as further explained in the Universal License Terms for Online Services and the Microsoft Products and Services Data Protection Addendum (“DPA”), and any other notices provided with the Preview.