Virtual Appointments with Microsoft Teams
With Virtual Appointments in Microsoft Teams, you have a complete meeting platform to schedule, manage, and conduct business-to-customer engagements. For example:
- Financial advisors, claims adjusters, and other financial professionals can meet with clients remotely.
- Sales associates, product experts, and design consultants can conduct virtual fittings and consultations.
- Clinicians can meet with patients or other healthcare providers to discuss medical care.
- Human resources departments can conduct virtual interviews with job candidates.
This article gives you an overview of the capabilities available in Teams for scheduling and managing virtual appointments.
- The Virtual Appointments app, for every organization
- The Teams Electronic Health Record (EHR) connector, for healthcare organizations who use an EHR system
- Virtual appointment meeting template, for every organization
- Virtual Appointment Graph API, for developers in your organization
The Virtual Appointments app
Use the Virtual Appointments app for all your virtual appointment needs. The app enables a seamless end-to-end experience for business-to-customer engagements, integrating schedules, analytics, and management options, all in one place.
You can schedule, view, and manage virtual appointments, get real-time status updates in a queue view, send appointment reminders, view analytics and reports on virtual appointments activity, and configure calendar, staff, and booking page settings.
With Microsoft 365 A3, A5, E3, E5, F1, F3, Business Basic, Business Standard, and Business Premium licenses, you can use basic Virtual Appointments capabilities that make it easy to schedule and join business-to-customer meetings. For example, you can schedule appointments in the appointment calendar and external attendees can join through a browser without having to download Teams. Teams Premium unlocks advanced Virtual Appointments capabilities that your organization can use to manage and customize the experience. These include a queue view of scheduled and on-demand appointments, SMS text notifications, custom waiting rooms, and analytics.
To learn more, see:
- Virtual Appointments guided tour
- What is Virtual Appointments?
- Use the Virtual Appointments app
- Manage the Virtual Appointments app
Users can find the Virtual Appointments app in the Teams app store, or you can share the installation link to help them find it. You can use an app setup policy to pin the app for your organization, or your users can pin the app themselves.
Teams Electronic Health Record (EHR) connector
If your healthcare organization uses an EHR system, you can use the Teams EHR connector to integrate Teams for a more seamless virtual care experience. The Teams EHR connector requires an active subscription to Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare or a subscription to Microsoft Teams EHR connector standalone offer.
After you set up the Teams EHR connector, clinicians can launch visits with patients and consultations with other providers in Teams directly from the EHR system.
Currently, the Teams EHR connector supports integration with the Oracle Health EHR system and Epic EHR system. To learn more, see:
- Virtual Appointments with Teams - Integration into Oracle Health EHR
- Virtual Appointments with Teams - Integration into Epic EHR
Virtual appointment meeting template
The Virtual appointment template is a default meeting template in Teams that your users can use to schedule virtual appointments with external guests, such as customers, clients and other people outside your organization.
With this template, you can enable a consistent experience across your organization for virtual appointments scheduled directly within Teams.
To learn more, see Manage the Virtual appointment meeting template in Teams.
Virtual Appointment Graph API
Developers can programmatically create and manage Virtual Appointments using Microsoft Graph. With the Virtual Appointment Graph API, virtual appointment join links can be embedded in any app, with features that include a waiting room and browser join experience for external attendees.
To learn more, see virtualAppointment resource type.