Partner Center Insights: A dashboard that shows how a Microsoft commercial partner is doing
Appropriate roles: Global admin | Account admin | Executive report viewer | Report viewer
The Insights dashboard is a unified reporting dashboard in Partner Center for Microsoft Commercial partners who are enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) program.
The Insights dashboard gives you a 360-degree view of your key performance indicators (KPIs) across Cloud products, such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Azure, and Dynamics 365, and for licensing models such as Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) and Enterprise Agreement (EA).
This rich set of KPI reports can help you make data-driven decisions for your organization.
Roles with access to the Insights dashboard
There are two user roles in Partner Center designed specifically for access to Insights:
- Executive report viewer gives access to all reporting data sets.
- Report viewer gives access to most reporting data sets but not to sensitive data, such as revenue and customer or employee personal information.
A Global admin or an Account admin can assign users these roles, which are assigned either for an entire company or for a specific MPN location.
Users who were MPN admins were automatically added to the company-wide Report viewer role. They can access reports as a Report viewer without any action required by a Global admin or Account admin.
Global admins and Account admins can override these assignments if necessary.
The following reports are available using the Insights dashboard.
Overview is a snapshot of various KPIs of interest, such as Customer count, Active Subscriptions count, Azure consumption revenue, and Active licenses.
Customer displays analytics about your customers, such as Customer acquisition data, and Active customers.
Product - Subscriptions displays acquisition and usage analytics for your Cloud subscriptions, such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, and Dynamics 365.
Product - Licenses displays license analytics for license-based Cloud products, such as Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Power BI.
Product - Azure usage displays metrics related to your customers' Azure subscriptions, including Azure consumption revenue and Usage by meter.
Competencies displays metrics about your competencies—Active, Qualified, and At-risk.
Benefits displays analytics about partner benefits you've earned versus benefits you've consumed.
Navigating Insights reports
Date range filters: Date range filters are at the top right corner of each page. You can select a date range of the past 3, 6, or 12 months, or a custom date range. (The default is 12 months.)
Page-level filters: You can filter any Insights report except Overview, Benefits, and Competencies.
The filters you select apply to all charts and metrics on a page, including the summary.
The default filter is All. For example, if you don't select a specific product in the Products filter, all products are selected.
The filters you select are displayed on a bar at the top of the page, as shown in the following image.
Feedback buttons: You can give feedback about report features using the feedback buttons.
- Products: Microsoft Cloud products sold/managed by your organization, for example, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security, and Power BI
- Customer markets: List of customer countries
- Partner attributions: Your association type with your customers' subscriptions, for example, Digital partner of record (DPOR), Delegated admin privilege (DAP), and Partner admin link (PAL)
- Partner locations: Your organization's MPN locations
- Sales channels: Sales channel/pricing through which you’re purchasing/provisioning products and services, namely CSP, EA, CSP indirect, Direct, Advisor, Open, and others
- Customer segments: Customer segments across the partners customer base
Read more about each of the Partner Center Insights dashboards and reports: