Monitor and protect data with Microsoft Purview
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Admins, makers, marketers, or analysts, automatically||Oct 2023||-|
Microsoft Dataverse customers can monitor data, protect information, minimize compliance risks, and meet regulatory requirements in a unified experience powered by Microsoft Purview.
This feature provides the following benefits:
- Data policies are used to control a user’s create, read, update, and delete permissions. The data policies are based on Microsoft Purview Information Protection sensitivity labels to protect data in Dataverse.
- Purview's data lineage functionality for Dataverse allow for sensitivity labels to follow data as it moves across supported data sources.
- Dataverse environments are discovered and added automatically in Purview.
- Purview scanning and classification is based on a single option to provide an effortless enablement.
- Scanning is incremental for both metadata and data.
- Classifications and Microsoft Purview Information Protection labels can be managed in Power Platform portals.