Introduction to Office client customization with add-ins
The Office Add-ins platform enables you to extend the functionality of Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel. In this module, you'll explore various ways you can use add-ins to extend and interact with Office applications. The units in this module explain the add-in programming model, developer tools, how to debug, deployment options, and the capabilities available to developers who want to customize. You'll also learn how you can customize your add-in by persisting state, use Fluent UI to create productive experiences and incorporate data with Microsoft Graph.
At the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Explain how Office Add-ins extend and customize Office applications
- Describe the development tooling, APIs, and deployment of Office Add-ins
- Understand how to incorporate data with Microsoft Graph and extend Office applications with add-ins using the Fluent UI
- Experience using Office clients
- Experience developing web applications