Validate and test your Bicep code in your deployment pipeline. You'll use linting, preflight validation, and the what-if operation to validate your Azure changes before you deploy, and you'll test your resources after each deployment.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Add Bicep code linting during continuous integration
- Add preflight deployment validation during build or release stages
- Add what-if checks, including manual approval steps
- Verify the configuration of the deployed environment
You should be familiar with using:
- Bicep, including creating and deploying basic files.
- Azure, including the Azure portal, subscriptions, resource groups, and resources.
- Basic Git commands, including cloning, committing files, and pushing changes to Azure Repos.
- Basic YAML pipelines in Azure Pipelines, including service connections.
To work through the exercises in the module, you'll need:
- An Azure account, with the ability to create resource groups, Azure Active Directory applications, and service principals.
- An Azure DevOps organization and account.
You'll also need the following installed locally: