This 7-part training provides an introduction to WSL. Learn the basic concepts that combine Windows and Linux operating systems, including how to install one or more Linux distributions on your Windows computer.
By the end of this module, you'll be able to:
- Describe Windows + Linux integration enabled by WSL and the advantages over a traditional VM or dual-booting.
- Set up a basic development environment with WSL.
- Explain a typical workflow that uses WSL with recommended IDE and tools.
- Install and run a Linux distribution or multiple distributions running side-by-side.
- Describe the features WSL offers for using both Windows and Linux command-line tools and GUI applications.
- Run basic WSL, Bash, and PowerShell commands.
- Explain what WSL can and can't do, and assess whether it's the right fit for your needs.