1,874,609 questions

Sort by: Updated
2 answers

I have lost function of my start button on my Win 11 PC

I have lost functionality of my START Button and saved application icons on the desktop. Nothing happens when I click my left mouse button on the start button. If I Right click I get a Menu that only works on a few items. Many of the needed applications…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
asked 2026-10-08T22:51:42.1133333+00:00
Sarge-Charge 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T04:45:41.58+00:00
Hendrix-V 19,835 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
3 answers One of the answers was accepted by the question author.

Limits to CoPilot credits

How do I ensure more credits to continue using CoPilot with my 365 Package

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
asked 2026-05-24T14:55:12.7933333+00:00
Matthew Syphus 25 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T04:44:44.8233333+00:00
Basil Thompson 0 Reputation points
0 answers

Identify the devices to be used, single logon account and storage

As a start, I will be using 3 devices Home AIO, iphone and iPad M365 and office to be installed on the 3 devices. All devices to have English and Chinese writing. Using gmail account ******@gmail.com to sign up M365 and Office Personal, with google…

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
asked 2026-10-09T04:44:32.4766667+00:00
Markus Woo 0 Reputation points
1 answer

I cannot create an IMAP account after I have changed mail provider

I have used NewOutlook for some time (due to copilot) for both my office account (M365) and my private email hoste by a local danish webmail provider A couple of moth ago i change email provider from one.com dandomain.dk. And now i cannot create the IMAP…

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
asked 2026-10-08T18:45:39.3466667+00:00
Tom Persson 0 Reputation points
edited an answer 2026-10-09T04:44:13.3833333+00:00
Hornblower409 16,450 Reputation points
2 answers

I setup a rule to forward emails to an email list if an email is received from a specific address, but its not working

I setup a rule to forward emails to an email list if an email is received from a specific address, but its not working. Its set up correctly with "Rules 2. Add a condition" "From" email address: ******@risinglink.com, "Add an…

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email
asked 2026-10-06T23:55:42.66+00:00
Huynh, Steven - REE-ARS 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T04:43:35.72+00:00
Ana Le 2,625 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2 answers

Microsoft Edge keeps showing removed personal and work accounts in profile sign-in suggestions on Windows 11

I am using Microsoft Edge on Windows 11 and need help permanently removing two previously used accounts (one personal Outlook account and one corporate Microsoft account) from the Edge profile sign-in account selection screen. Problem: Both accounts…

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11
asked 2026-10-09T04:40:51.45+00:00
Reena Kumari 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-09T04:43:24.3433333+00:00
Reena Kumari 0 Reputation points
1 answer

Intel Alder Lake PTT AIK Enrollment Failure – HTTP 400 (0x80190190) Blocking RICOCHET Secure Attestation

Hello, I am experiencing a reproducible TPM/AIK attestation problem on Windows 11 using Intel Alder Lake Platform Trust Technology (PTT). The main symptom is that Windows is unable to complete AIK certificate enrollment. As a result, Call of Duty…

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy
asked 2026-10-03T01:54:22.3233333+00:00
Lucas Kimura 5 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T04:43:10.5+00:00
Jonathan C 0 Reputation points
2 answers

my alpha account

I lost my phone and I want my alpha account back pls send the code into my email account

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
asked 2026-10-08T07:03:43.0266667+00:00
Usman Adamu 0 Reputation points
edited the question 2026-10-09T04:42:37.4533333+00:00
Doris V 1,865 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
3 answers

2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5018427) has broken File Explorer

Microsoft "fixed" File Explorer again with this update. Now custom folder icons on networked drives no longer works. I have 4 network servers with literally hundreds of custom icons that took untold hours to create and apply. The icons are…

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other
asked 2022-10-14T22:27:08.027+00:00
Martin Walker 51 Reputation points
edited an answer 2026-10-09T04:40:27.05+00:00
Planet Xtreme 0 Reputation points
3 answers One of the answers was accepted by the question author.

Shortcut Icon blank when .ico file is located on a directory defined with an UNC Path

Hello everyone, I'm currenty facing an issue on an newly installed Windows 11 Build 22621.1105 machine. Desktop Shortcuts where the icon file is located on a network share defined by an UNC path doesn't the ICON (only the blank Icon Symbol). During the…

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other
asked 2023-01-19T14:46:47.3966667+00:00
Ogir, Wolfgang 30 Reputation points
edited an answer 2026-10-09T04:40:10.8033333+00:00
Planet Xtreme 0 Reputation points
0 answers

I can't login azure by personal account. It required MFA with 6 digitals, but I only have 8 digitals

I can't login azure by personal account. It required MFA with 6 digitals, but I only have 8 digitals

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
asked 2026-10-09T04:39:49.1233333+00:00
Carl Johnson 0 Reputation points
2 answers

IconResource partially works via SMB after Windows update KB5018418

Hello, After installing the update KB5018418 on October 12, the custom icons I use for my shared folders on my Synology NAS are no longer working. I have already contacted Synology technical support and here's what to know : the problem…

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other
asked 2022-10-24T15:10:13.893+00:00
Tony 1 Reputation point
edited an answer 2026-10-09T04:39:33.4033333+00:00
Planet Xtreme 0 Reputation points
4 answers

Stuck with persistent system pop-up to review recovery methods

Recently and when signing into my email, the system persistently prompts me to review my recovery methods, even though I've done it numerous times. How do I get out of this annoying loop?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
asked 2026-09-17T19:03:48.42+00:00
v j 30 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T04:33:15.77+00:00
Hornblower409 16,450 Reputation points
1 answer

I claimed a code for an Aurora cape in Minecraft, and it hasn't appeared in my inventory.

I claimed a code for an Aurora cape in Minecraft, and it hasn't appeared in my inventory. it said it went through but when I went to equip the cape it wasn't available in java edition. I tried reclaiming the code and it says its already claimed. I'm…

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
asked 2026-10-09T04:32:49.68+00:00
mason byers 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-09T04:33:02.76+00:00

AI answer

3 answers

how to disable microsoft constant prompt to keep access to your account

For some reason recently, there is an ongoing, constant prompt to "Keep access to your account with a recovery method". I have a recovery method. How can I disable this annoying prompt? Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home
asked 2026-09-19T18:05:40.39+00:00
karingK-0370 45 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T04:31:14.2+00:00
Hornblower409 16,450 Reputation points
1 answer

Outlook search results no longer showing beginning of emails

Outlook search results are no longer showing the first few lines of emails in the preview. Instead, they show random sections of the email including signatures, footers and previous replies. This has made finding emails much more difficult. The issue…

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email
asked 2026-10-09T03:31:01.0666667+00:00
Joe Russ 0 Reputation points
answered 2026-10-09T04:30:12.6333333+00:00
Joe Russ 0 Reputation points
0 answers

I cannot find the update of my exam on my portal.

Item ID Description Shipped To Unit Price 1 531892086 DP-300 Administering Microsoft Azure SQL Solutions English Appointment: Friday, April 10, 2026 at 11:15:00 PM India Standard Time Candidate ID: MS1100147075 Candidate Name: Animesh…

Community Center | Discuss the Q&A site | Site bug or problem
asked 2026-10-09T04:29:02.23+00:00
Animesh Roy 0 Reputation points
1 answer

Recommended Windows 11 sandbox architecture for safely running .NET, Node.js and Gradle tools using PSEC/MXC

I am developing a local AI-assisted development application for Windows 11 x64. It needs to execute development tools such as .NET, Node.js and Gradle while preventing executed project code from accessing files outside an explicitly approved…

Windows development | Windows API - Win32
asked 2026-10-08T18:46:09.19+00:00
Balázs 0 Reputation points
edited an answer 2026-10-09T04:28:53.8066667+00:00
Zack Nguyen (WICLOUD CORPORATION) 165 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2 answers

URGENT: Hotmail account hacked, 4 weeks of emails missing, and unable to contact Outlook Support

Hello Microsoft Community, I urgently need assistance with my personal Hotmail.com account, which I believe was compromised. What happened: On 8 October 2026, I discovered that my Outlook language had been changed to Vietnamese without my…

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
asked 2026-10-08T18:42:40.56+00:00
farhan rahman 0 Reputation points
edited an answer 2026-10-09T04:28:17.81+00:00
Hornblower409 16,450 Reputation points
0 answers

Microsoft Purview Copilot Not Retrieving Assets from Unified Catalog Despite Catalog Search Working

Hi Everyone, Issue: Users can access and use Microsoft Purview Copilot; however, Copilot is not retrieving information from the Unified Catalog and instead returns generic responses. Current Access: Microsoft Purview Unified Catalog is enabled and…

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Purview
asked 2026-10-08T06:13:30.14+00:00
BAG, Priyasankar 0 Reputation points
commented 2026-10-09T04:25:06.1766667+00:00
BAG, Priyasankar 0 Reputation points