Provide permissions to access and share a forecast
After you've selected general properties and scheduled your forecast, define who can view, access, and share it.
Use the Permissions step to:
- Define the owner of the forecast
- Provide access to users who have specific security roles to view the forecast
- Allow users to share their forecast records with other users
License and role requirements
|Requirement type||You must have|
|License||Dynamics 365 Sales Premium or Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise
More information: Dynamics 365 Sales pricing
|Security roles||System Administrator or Forecast Manager
More information: Predefined security roles for Sales
Define the forecast owner
In the User security field section, User lookup field, select who owns the forecast at each level of the hierarchy. Each template starts with a default value:
|Org chart forecast||User|
If you select a value other than the default, a column is added to the forecast grid.
For example, when you select Manager as the User lookup field for a territory forecast, the forecast is visible only to the managers of the territories in the selected hierarchy. The managers can edit forecast data that directly belongs to them and to their reporting territories.
Provide access to additional roles
In the Additional security roles section, select an option to give access to users who aren't part of the hierarchy:
- No additional security roles: This option gives access only to the selected hierarchy users. Users who have other security roles in the organization can't view the forecast. This option is selected by default.
- All security roles can read this forecast: This option gives read-only access to all the security roles in your organization.
- Specific security roles: Use this option to specify the security roles to receive either read-only access, or read-only and adjustment access.
A message under the security roles gives more information about how the forecast security is applied, based on your selections.
Enable or disable forecast sharing
By default, forecasts can't be shared. If you turn on forecast sharing, users can share only the forecasts that they own. For more information, see Who owns the forecast?
In the Share forecast section, select one of the following options:
- None: The forecast can't be shared with anyone. If it's already been shared, users it was shared with can no longer access it.
- Read-only: The forecast can be shared to view, but not to edit.
- Read and adjust: The forecast can be shared either to view, or to view and edit. Select this option to share the forecast to users with different levels of access.
When you've finished setting permissions, select Next.
Can't find the options in your app?
There are three possibilities:
You don't have the necessary license or role.
Your administrator hasn't turned on the feature.
Your organization is using a custom app. Check with your administrator for exact steps. The steps described in this article are specific to the out-of-the-box apps such as, the Sales Hub or Sales Professional app.
Submit and view feedback for